Next-generation student accommodation for CAMPUS Perth as the 80 Stirling Street project reaches practical completion
Broad Construction has reached practical completion of the next-generation student accommodation in Perth – in what is the first development of its kind seen in Western Australia.
The 80 Stirling Street Student Accommodation Refurbishment and Extension project incorporates international-style ‘Campus 4’ shared living environments, where four students will integrate within modern and attractive surrounds.
Broad secured the project following an early contractor involvement phase with clients GCP Hospitality, Gaw Capital Partners and developer DevWest Group to produce an innovative and cost-effective design and construct program.
Designed to appeal to a diverse range of domestic and international students, Broad has created a quality asset of long-term value, and a vibrant and creative living environment for students.
- Repurposing the eight-storey former Telstra Perth headquarters to accommodate a mixture of restaurants, bars and retail on the ground level.
- Construction of an additional four storeys.
- Fit-out of the ‘Campus Perth’ accommodation concept to suit individual studios and two, four and six shared bedroom accommodation for approximately 700 students.
- Fit-out of the ‘new-style hostel’ accommodation concept on L1 and L2, with dedicated entry off Stirling Street.
- Development and fit-out of 3,600sqm of communal spaces, including a study zone, co-working and social spaces, fitness centre, rooftop terrace, screening rooms and gaming areas.