The Department of Finance (on behalf of the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries) awarded Broad the contract to build the new State Football Centre at Queens Park, Western Australia (WA).
The centre is intended as WA’s home of soccer, with its training facilities to be made available to participants at all levels of the sport, including teams playing in the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup. The Centre will be home of the sport’s governing body in WA, Football West.
The project is funded by both the Australian and WA Governments and is due to finish before February 2023.
The facility includes the following:
- Two-story building with a
- grandstand (capacity of 700);
- Two competition and training pitches;
- Vehicle, pedestrian & service roads;
- 173 bay on-site car parking;
- bike rack zones;
- Wayfinding and signage;
- Club & team rooms;
- Sports medicine clinic;
- Ticketing and retail space;
- change rooms and amenities;
- bar, cafe and hospitality services;
- office and administration facilities;
- Storage & comms room; and
- Events and meeting space.